Thursday, July 22, 2010

public service request.

Please, as a public service, stop referring to jean shorts and denim leggings as jorts and jeggings.

You know how some words just make you want to start smacking people in their faces and shoving dictionaries down their throats? Yeah, these do that for me. Fashion companies are actually using these words for advertising! They're not real words! I love jean shorts as much as the next girl, but I will NEVER refer to them as... that word. Blech. Stop combining words. I don't call my silk blouse a slouse, or my cotton comforter a... cotomforter? What about a jean jacket? Is that a j-jacket? It's bad enough that bling and unfriend have made their way into Webster's "Big Book of Words". I beg you. Do not pass these down to our children and our children's children. They're already bound to be embarrassed by our generation as it is.

(While we're on the subject, perhaps the jegging should go the way of the skort. Clothes nobody should ever wear or have to see people wearing, and words nobody should ever have to hear or say.)

1 comment:

TheCookieJarvis said...

PEOPLE/CLOTHING COMPANIES ARE USING THE WORDS "JORTS AND JEGGINGS?!?! Ahem... come again, I ahhhmust have misheard you because that just cannot be so. Pardon my french but that's retarded. Hold on my koard (key board) is tunny (typing funny) because my jhirt (jean shirt) is contricting my hands.

Eww. Also: woot. woot.