This year, I am thankful for...
- the ability to travel, even on a tight budget. This past year I have taken two trips to NYC and spent a whole week in Puerto Rico.
- old friends - the ones who never let you down and are always there for you, no matter how long it's been since you've seen each other or spoken on the phone.
- dinners with Dianna, Leah and Todd. (Sorry, Dan and Dom - sometimes you're not at home. And Todd cooks for us.)
- getting put on salary at work, and for getting benefits, and a fancy new title - even though I still basically do the same work, I'd rather be a Manager than an Assistant. I'll take it!
- my buddy Kristen being the toughest and bravest girl ever, and for her making a safe and successful transition into the next stage of her life in New York City.
- new friends - the ones who you meet and find out you have more in common with than you ever thought possible.
- my very first apartment that is all my own. Even though it still looks like I just moved in.
- my pretty fingernails and finally kicking a 27 year habit.
- Todd. He's more helpful to and supportive of me on a day-to-day basis than I think he realizes. I'm very lucky to love and be loved by such a wonderful person.
- (almost) weekly family dinners with the Chicago chapter of the Wutzler Family.
- our newest addition, and the leader of our family's next generation, Elise Ava. She has proven to be the toughest little girl I've ever seen. This year, I am most thankful for her.
Happy Thanksgiving one and all!