Thursday, July 29, 2010

before&after: bathroom

It's been almost a month since The Big Move, and I finally have some progress to share. In case you have forgotten from this post, here is what the bathroom looked like when I went to see the apartment, before I moved in:


I took down the existing metal rack and the extra towel rod, which was hung way too high for any normal person's use, and replaced the weird spiral bulbs with proper vanity bulbs. (I still kept it eco-friendly, and splurged on these babies at Home Depot.) Maintenance came to fix the broken bathroom mirror (finally, two days ago) and gave the whole bathroom a fresh coat of white. As I have previously mentioned, I hate white walls. However, I've decided that bathrooms may be the exception. First of all, I'm too lazy to try to paint behind a toilet. Second of all, if any room should feel almost sterile, it should be the bathroom.

So, without further ado, here is what my bathroom looks like now:


TA-DA! I don't think I've ever had such a tidy looking bathroom in my life. Believe it or not, I didn't remove anything from the room before taking these photos. I love that everything has it's place, tucked away, out of sight. I'm sure it won't always look like this, but at least I know it can. It's a much more subdued color scheme than I originally had in mind (click here to see my inspiration board for the space), but I am loving the green and neutral (grey, brown, white) combo. It feels much less busy and much more calming. The only things I may change in here are the plastic handles on the doors below the sink. I'd like to get stainless to match the handle on the étagère. But that's a quick fix I can do anytime.

Stay tuned for more reveals as I get the rest of the apartment under control!

1 comment:

TheCookieJarvis said...

AHOOHMYgoodness!! I love this! Looks amazing and clean and amazingly clean. Nice work.