Tuesday, November 2, 2010

the big city of brotherly beantown apple love

What? Almost two weeks and no post! I know all of my one reader is going bonkers. But I am back to share some visual delights from my recent trip to NYC.

A couple weekends ago, Todd, Dominic, and I all went to New York to visit ALL OF OUR FRIENDS. It seems that there has been (in Dom's words) a mass exodus these last few months to Brooklyn in particular. Okay, so really just like 4 of our favorite ladies. Plus my long-time favorite lady - but comparatively speaking, she's an old-timer, having lived in Manhattan for 3+ years already. (Sheesh! I can't believe it's been that long.)

The trip was wonderful, but admittedly stressful. It's hard to get to see everyone when you're only in town for a few days. We were all over the place - Brooklyn, Soho, Midtown, Downtown, China Town, Central Park, Staten Island, Upper East Side. In just about 72 hours. I did get the jeans I wanted at Uniqlo (two pairs), but that was not even close to my favorite part of the weekend.

This was:


That's my long-time love, Shelby (we've known each other since 1st grade? 3rd grade?) hangin' on my main man, Todd. They're, like, bffs. And that makes me more happy than all the candy at Dylan's Candy Bar. And that's a lot of candy.

Also highlighting my whole weekend was this sassy lady, pictured center:


That is my buddy-love Kristen, flanked by two of our bests, Dominic and Erica. Kristen and I used to live together, until she deserted me and my two cattens to live in a box in Brooklyn. No big deal. (Her sass can also be seen pictured here.) I am very excited that she is loving her NY life, but I do miss her face around the house. That's for sure.

We had a hilariously random trip. Here are my top five moments/events:

1. Eating the biggest pulled pork sandwich ever at South Houston in SoHo, to which Kristen said "I'm so glad you ordered that." Apparently messy foods are my trademark.
2. Shake Shack. Seriously. Best thing ever. Especially on a beautiful night, sitting with some of your favorite people, eating, drinking, and laughing. Lots and lots of laughing.
3. Sunny Sunday stroll through Central Park, and sitting for a while by the Reservoir.
4. Seeing Promises, Promises on Friday with Todd and Shelby - even though Todd hated it. He knew he would hate it, but he knew I really wanted to see Sean Hayes, Kristen Chenoweth, and Molly Shannon. Way to take one for the team Bub. :)
5. Staten Island Ferry. Totally random. But ended up being the best time of day for it. Staten bound trip was still daylight. Manhattan bound trip was right at dusk, so we got to see sky change and the lights of the city turn on. (See below for photographic evidence.) I love any activity that makes you stop and enjoy your surroundings and the people you are with.




Fin.

3 comments:

Todd said...

"Fin" - Really?

TheCookieJarvis said...

haha...cattens! I love that. Also - yes I WAS going bonkers!

stacey erin said...

Todd - that was for you.

Binds - next post should be entitled "The Nasty 'Nnati in The Windy City". But I need a SUPERSTAR visitor... hmmm, who should that be??