Friday, August 20, 2010

habit breakers.

Carrie bravely posted yesterday about her troubles with a bad habit. (Check out her blog - Ruby - when you have a chance!) Well, Carrie, I can relate. "Hi, my name is Stacey, and I'm a nail-biter." I posted once before about my gold-bottled, stop-the-biting weapon of choice - Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle. Though I am not brave enough to post photographic evidence of said bad-habit, I am proud to say that I have been growing my nails for TWO WEEKS! That's right. You heard it here first. I commented to Carrie that I needed to get some polish STAT before my work days got the best of me and my nails, so at lunch I ran out to CVS and found this:


Do not be deceived by its drug-store appearance. This little bottle has a surprise inside!

image from here

The flat-and-wide contoured brush is the key! As someone with very little nail-painting experience (You don't paint 'em when you bite 'em...), I have to admit that I giggled joyfully to myself when I test-painted my thumb nail in the store. (As a side note, I never realized how many people blog about their nail polish. It has made me realize that pictures of peoples nails kind of give me the heebie-jeebies.)

At any rate, I scooped up two colors ("Commander in Chic" and "Pink Slip" - you should know by now how much a love clever, punny names for things.) and have been painting an re-painting my nails for the last 24 hours. It's comparable in price to OPI and Essie, and comes in some lovely colors for fall - like "Fairy Teal", "Plum's the Word" and "Right Said Red". !!!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

congrats! I am going strong with no picking! sally hensen's hard as nails is my secret weapon! keep goin' sista!