Wednesday, August 25, 2010

lakeside adventures.

Sorry friends, no 4x4 this week. I just got back last night after a weekend away with my fella, and I didn't want to throw something together at the last minute. (But you can click here, here or here to catch up on the last few weeks!)

As you may have figured out (or already known), I grew up in a little place we like to call OHIO. So, to escape the hustle and bustle of the big city, Todd and I headed back to my home state for a some classic Ohio summertime activities. That's right, we headed to Sandusky for a few fun-filled days that included trips to Cedar Point and Put-in-Bay! On Saturday, we hung around the historic downtown area - we had lunch, went to a couple resale shops, and even to a carousel museum. Sunday was Cedar Point, where we rode coasters all day - I screamed so much that I lost my voice for two days! Todd had never been to Cedar Point, so I was excited to show him what a REAL roller coaster park is. We had such a fun day, and stayed until they kicked us out. Monday was much more relaxing, with a ferry over to Put-in-Bay and driving a golf cart all over the island - to the winery and lighthouse, past all the lake side homes, to Perry's Monument. We didn't take many pictures this weekend, but we did get this nice one with a view of neighboring Middle Bass Island in the distance.


We caught the ferry back to Sandusky in the early evening and went in search of more adventure that included go-carts in the rain, playing Deal-or-No-Deal at an arcade, and dinner at the Olive Garden. Possibly one of the best dates I've ever been on. We came home yesterday, and took our time driving. It was such a nice, leisurely weekend, and a good way to put a cap on the summer. (Is it really almost September??)

1 comment:

TheCookieJarvis said...

Oh OHIO - Sounds like a good few days for you two! Gotta love dinner at the Olive Garden. The carousel museum sounds so neat too!!