Wednesday, May 11, 2011

morning people.

I am totally not one. In fact, people that get up with ease and sip coffee in their pyjamas while reading the newspaper at their kitchen table kind of freak me out. Who has time for that?! I'm more of a get-out-of-bed-15-minutes-before-it's-time-to-leave kind of person. I rarely eat breakfast, and when I do it consists of several girl scout cookies and a coca-cola, while sitting at my desk. (Have I mentioned this before? I may be repeating myself...) But today, my friends, I have hit a milestone. I had a morning. In my own way. Here's the play-by-play because I know you want it:

5:45 a.m. - Wake up. (GASP! I KNOW!)
5:55 a.m. - Eat a Luna Bar. (What? No Coke??)
6:00 a.m. - Gym. (Are you dying yet?!)
7:15 a.m. - Leave gym.
7:45 a.m. - Drop Todd off at work downtown. Drive around desperately looking for something that is open this early. (Shopping? Pedicure? Nothing??)
8:15 a.m. - Give up and park by my office. Roll down windows. Lean back and relax in the delicious summer weather.
8:17 a.m. - Fall asleep. (Obvs. Come on. It's me, we're talking about.)
9:15 a.m. - Wake up. Walk to Starbucks for an iced chai. (Actually, I shuffled to Starbucks. My legs are like Jell-o. I also went to the gym Monday night. GASP! I KNOW!)
9:45 a.m. - At work. Bright eyed and bushy tailed.

I'm sure you are riveted by all of this very specific information. But I had to get it out there. To remember for all time. That I actually woke up, worked out, and liked it. This is evidence that could be used in a court of law... you know, in case I ever sue Todd for making me get up at 5:45 a.m. again.

2 comments:

TheCookieJarvis said...

Whoa... 5:45 is early - like, my dad's morning routine early. I am definitely not a morning person either. I'm impressed.

Carrie said...

Today I had a reese cup for breakfast, followed by a mid-morning snack of Diet Coke. AND I came to work with my hair wet. I hear ya, girl!