Tuesday, May 11, 2010

85 degrees and sunny skies.

I'm overwhelmed by the idea of a single "post-Puerto Rico" blog entry, so I think I'll spread it out over a few days and write about some of our adventures and the wonderful place we stayed.

The trip was just what we both needed. And I'm happy to say that even though we had a computer in our room, email checking was rare and facebook was non-existant. Our cell phones worked, but mine stayed locked in the safe and Todd's was used mainly for getting us un-lost during our many island road trips. I didn't think about work or apartments once. We spent our mornings sleeping in, and our afternoons at the beach and/or exploring. It only seemed to rain in the early morning or late at night. And I soaked in as much warmth HEAT and sunshine as possible. (Which was a good idea, especially because it has been 50 degrees and rainy ever since we got back.)


This photo was taken somewhere between Luquillo and San Juan on the northeastern corner of Puerto Rico on our way back to the apartment. We had driven out to find a strip of food kiosks that I had heard about. There were about 60 food stands lined up between the highway and the ocean. We went to #52 - "Mi Favorito". I had two empenadillas (one lobster, one conch) and Todd tried the blood sausage. (I did not. I couldn't get past the word "blood".) You can read more about the Luquillo "kioscos" here.

It was only the second day and already we looked settled into beach life... Who am I kidding? I was settled in the moment we stepped off the plane.

No comments: