Friday, January 7, 2011

hello again everybody.

image via cubby-blue


Holy Cow. I'm back. What just happened? Oh, let's just recap, shall we...

Begin: Friday, December 17th 2010 at 5:00am - on the road.

Three days full of driving and blurred Christmas-wedding-madness. Did that even happen?

Three days back at work, and three nights of crazy-lady-apartment-cleaning-mayhem.

One half-day at work, and then an immediate dive into 3 and a half days of travel-agent-family-Christmas-planner-hotel-hostess-with-the-mostest-insanity. Was Christmas even one of those days? It had to have been.

Two hours of hysterical-post-stress-breakdown.

Two days of juggling visiting-friend-time and nauseous-sick-time.

Four days of new-years-traveling-fun with the bf, bff and bfb (best-friend's-bro).

Two days off to allow for complete-body-meltdown.

End: Wednesday, January 5th 2011 at 10:00am - back to work.

The most stressful three weeks of MY. ENTIRE. LIFE. Hands down. No contest. I really hope the holidays never turn out like this ever again. The wedding was beautiful, my family all enjoyed our Christmas in Chicago, and I loved spending time with Todd and the Nee Bros in San Fran. But it didn't feel like Christmas to me. Or New Year's for that matter. It didn't feel joyful or festive. It didn't feel like the holiday season, which I usually like to celebrate for a good three months. And now I'm back in my routine and feeling a little out of sorts. I have forgotten what it feels like to have absolutely nothing on the horizon. No events, no holidays, no travel. I just get to be regular for a while. And concentrate on just MY stuff. Like MY apartment, and MY life, and MY boyfriend moving into MY OUR apartment! (That's right - you heard it here first! Or you already knew because we told you in person... either one.)

I feel like 2011 has big changes in store. Is it the "Space-Age" yet? I'm ready for flying cars and personal robots. (Like Rosie from The Jetsons, not killer robots that rebel against humans.)

No comments: