Tuesday, February 9, 2010

vacation salvation.

I need a vacation.

New York was a fun weekend, but it was no vacation. If anything, I needed a vacation even more after coming home. I don't remember the last time I shut down a bar at 4:30am. Especially in Brooklyn.

Chalk it up to the February Blues I guess, but Chicago winters are taxing on the spirit. Just when you think "It's almost March; spring is just around the corner!" you get hit with more snow that will inevitably last through April. I don't know how it's possible that I grew up in the Mid-West. I swear if I go more than 4 months without feeling some serious heat on my skin I start to have a mini-meltdown. My brain needs extended exposure to UV rays in order to function properly and maintain my naturally sunny disposition.

I need to get away. And this is what I will bring:
Can I help it if the only thing that gets me through the winter is thinking about/drooling over/impulsively buying all of the cute things I will wear when the temperature rises above 50?

No comments: